Consistency for the win
Guided team to establish web strategy and analytics goals.
- Design audit
- Stakeholder interviews
- Design research
- Code research
Web design system creation and documentation.
- Identified design system needs.
- Created responsive templates for layouts and components.
- Implemented “Green = go” task-based design.
- Unified 4 navigation systems into one.
Responsive design plan
Featured content component
Find a provider component
Extensive documentation to plan for the migration including
- Page and content mapping
- Code mapping
Transition of tabs to left nav
Moved pages with tables and inline styles to modern, consistent, function-based code that can be easily updated in the future.
- Coded responsive framework, templates and components in HTML and CSS.
- Compared code with using out-of-the-box frameworks (too much code)
- Sent code to outside consultant for review.
HTML & CSS documentation site
Quality Assurance (QA)
Part of a 4-person team to go through content and design of every page twice to find and clean up remaining issues after external vendor migrated data to new system.
- Anticipate change, including expansion and contraction of content.
- Build in time to improve past code when adjusting to accommodate new functionality.
- Document everything, including exceptions, questions, and what's left to do or figure out.
- Incremental improvements are much easier that a full site code switch.